|"What, this old thing?"
||[Jan. 20th, 2006|04:18 pm]
It's become clear to me that one cannot post art on the intermanet without first making excuses for it. So to meet that demand, I hereby unveil a handy list of excuses for whenever you post a drawing. Please share it with all your drawbuddies, and use it often:|
1. "This is just something I knocked out in three seconds during a burp. And then scanned and colored and optimized." [For those who may fail to read your excuse, you can also scribble QUICK SKETCH! on the actual drawing.]
2. "Please pardon my Batgirl's lazy-eyed, helium-filled bosom-balls; I drew her that way because I've never used a Wacom before."
3. "It's been so long since I drew 'realistic,' working as I do in the animation biz an' all. For a big-name outfit. And dating."
4. "I didn't use any photo reference for this. Even though it depicts a pretty girl and I have DSL and girl photos outnumber vowels on the web."
5. "Her lips are in the wrong place because I need a new scanner."
6. "I drew this on the bus while having a seizure during an earthquake, and it is rubbish. But I knew you'd all want to see it anyway."
7. "I'll fix the shading and the composition and the anatomy and the perspective and textures later. Crits welcome!"
8. "I need coffee! This would look way better if my hand were less steady."
9. "I just had this pic lying around. In fact, don't even know how it got here, or who drew it."
10. "I don't know why I bothered to post this. *refresh*... *refresh*... *refresh*... *refresh*... *refresh*... "
11. "Did I mention I drew this quickly?"
There. Once you've mastered these simple excuses, you can sit back and enjoy replies like,"You drew that on the BUS? You truly ARE the Messiah!"